TO MAKE YOUR ENTRY
2. Download the relevant entry form for your category from the category page and complete offline.
3. Collate the necessary details to make your entry.
- Completed entry form
- Details of client referees (where relevant)
- For private practice submissions only, we are also asking firms this year to, where possible, upload an example of a recent legal directory entry (please ensure the information provided is relevant, ie For a litigation entry, please include details of litigation matters). This information will aid the judges in making a fully informed decision and will add context to any post-event coverage. This information is not compulsory but we recommend you include where possible.
ENTRY DEADLINE: FRIDAY 2nd MARCH 2018
For entry enquiries, please contact:
Hugo de Jonge email@example.com
020 7970 4059
Please note that any information marked as confidential on any entry materials will be treated as for judges’ eyes only and will not be published.
We suggest that you highlight in red / yellow or similar any sections of the form that we may not share outside of the judging panel. Please ensure that any such key is clearly explained on the form itself.
Please note that by agreeing to judge, all our judges are bound by our confidentiality agreement, which can be found here: click here to download.
There is no fee to enter The Lawyer Awards 2018. However, each entry must be accompanied by a cheque made payable to one or both of our charity partners, Macmillan Cancer Support and The Connection at St Martin-in-the-fields.
For multiple entries from firms, it is permissible to send 1 donation for all entries.
The amount you donate is entirely at your discretion, as is the decision as to which charity to donate to; in 2017 we raised over £60,000 from donations during the entry process alone. Thank you in advance for your generosity once again this year.
For more information on our charity partners, please click here.
HOW TO DONATE
- Choose which (or both) of the charities you'd like to donate to
- Make your cheque payable to either Macmillan Cancer Support or The Connection at St Martin-in-the-fields; if you are donating to both, please send two separate cheques
- Please write your entry number(s) on the back of each cheque(s) (you will receive this number in your entry confirmation email once you have completed your online submission).
- Please post your cheque(s) to Sarah Hetherington, Centaur Events, Wells Point, 79 Wells Street, London W1T 3QN
If you are not able to pay by cheque please contact:
020 7970 4532
RULES & GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
In order for your entry to be considered, please adhere to the following rules and general guidelines for entry:
1. All entries must be submitted by the entry deadline, as specified above. Entries will not be considered fully submitted until the entrant proceeds to the final stage and submits their entry. A confirmation email will be received once complete.
2. Each entry must take the form requested; this will be a specific entry form so please make sure you download the form for the correct category. In all cases, the judges are looking for concise written submissions and your entry should cover as many of the listed criteria as possible.
3. Please keep the total word count of your entry to 1,000 words; we will allow a discretionary limit of 10% over this amount but no more
4. Please ensure your submission contains the following information clearly printed: category name, name of entering company/firm and page numbers.
5. If nominating a third party, please provide as much information as possible. Contact details for the nominee are mandatory.
6. Please provide up to 5 referees (including their contact details) for your entry. The Lawyer research team may choose to contact these referees whilst gathering background information about all entries.
7. All submissions must be made online. Please do not send in any supporting material.
8. Unless stated otherwise in category criteria, entries should focus on cases, matters or transactions carried out under UK law in the courts of England and Wales.
9. Please clearly mark any confidential information not for publication or other mention in event or post-event material as ‘Judges’ eyes only’; The Lawyer will publish a selection of winning and shortlisted entries to showcase the high standard of work we receive. We will exclude any material marked as confidential or ‘Judges’ eyes only’
10. The judging panel reserves the right to move entries from one category to another if they feel it is more appropriate. The judges' decision is final.
11. The Lawyer accepts no responsibility for any incorrectly submitted information.
12. Sponsors are not allowed to enter any category that they are sponsoring.
13. The awards are judging performance from 1st April 2017 to the present day; this means that the bulk of work contained within the entry must have been carried out within this time period (please note it is not essential that a project or case has both launched and closed within this time period).
14. For transactional categories, firms may enter more than one deal into the same category.
15. All entrants must supply contact details including email address for the judges to approach should the entry require any further clarification. Where possible and if relevant, please also supply contact details for your client for the same purpose.
16. By entering The Lawyer Awards (if shortlisted for one of our selected categories), you agree that a representative from your firm / company will attend a roundtable related to your category.
17. Please note: In the event that your entry is shortlisted, all entry form details e.g. Entry title/Name of deal as completed in the online entry process will be used on Awards collateral (e.g. Website, Awards graphics, Awards Supplement, and in the event that your entry wins, on the trophy). Copy will adhere to the magazine’s house style e.g. Ltds, PLCs, LLP’s etc will be removed.
18. Joint entries from more than one firm are permitted into the transactional categories only
Queries regarding entering should be addressed to Sarah Hetherington on +44 (0)20 7970 4532 or firstname.lastname@example.org.